Guilin Zhishen Information Technology Co., Ltd. is a limited liability company organized and existing under the laws of the People's Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as "ZHIYUN" or "we", which includes but not limited to its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates). We place great importance on the maintenance and protection of users' personal information. This policy applies to all ZHIYUN's products and services. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please contact us at:
How we collect and use your personal information
How we share, assign, and disclose your personal information
How your personal information is protected
How minors' personal information is processed
How your personal information is transferred internationally
How to contact us
ZHIYUN understands the importance of your personal information and will make every effort to protect your personal information. We are committed to protecting your personal information and adhere to the following principles to earn your trust: The principles of accountability, clear purposes, informed consent, data minimization, security assurance, data subject participation, and transparency. Additionally, ZHIYUN covenants that it will take reasonable security measures in conformance with industry security standards to protect your personal information.
- How we collect and use your personal information
Personal information refers to information, recorded electronically or by other means, that can be used alone or in combination with other information to identify a specific natural person or reflect the activities of such.
(I) ZHIYUN User Registration
To create a ZHIYUN account, you may be required to provide ZHIYUN with the following information: Your mobile phone number, email address, ZHIYUN user name and password.
By providing of the following additional information during registration or after the account has been created, you will be helping us provide you with better a service and experience: Your name, date of birth, gender, location, and occupation. If you do not provide such information, your use of the basic functions of ZHIYUN products and services will remain unaffected.
(II) Purchase and Delivery of Products or Services
If you purchase any ZHIYUN products or services from us you will be required to provide the following information to successfully complete the transaction: Identification, and payment information, as well as any receipt information as necessary to generate the order including without limitation your name, telephone number, e-mail address, correspondence address, ID card number, and credit/debit card number. You will be unable to purchase any ZHIYUN products or services if you do not provide such information.
(III) Use of ZHIYUN Products or Services
To ensure the normal operation of ZHIYUN products and services, you may be required to provide us with the following information: Device geolocation and location information, device configuration information, and any text or images you have shared on the ZHIYUN platform. We may also collect product usage logs, your IP address, and the date and time when you access our products or services. If you refuse to provide such information, we will not be able to provide you with those services. However, your use of other ZHIYUN products and services functions will remain unaffected.
(IV) Service Quality Improvements and Personalized Ad Serving
We will collect any information you provide when contacting our customer service team, along with your answers to any surveys, and other information such as service types, how you use the services and your operations when using such services for the purpose of improving your service experience and our service quality, for risk prevention, or to recommend better or more suitable services for you. We will compile statistics and analyze such information in order to provide you with more accurate, personalized, smooth, and convenient services. If you agree, we will serve you with advertisements that you might be interested in based on the above information. If you do not want to receive such advertisements, you may unsubscribe by sending a text message or email.
(V) Analyzing Research and Development Data to Improve Our Products and Services
We invite you to join ZHIYUN's product improvement program to help us design new products and services, and to improve our existing products and services. If you agree, we may collect the following personal information for products and services analysis and research: Your account information, device information, and diagnostics and usage data. If you choose not to join the product improvement program at this time, your use of ZHIYUN products and services will remain unaffected.
(VI)Protecting National, Public, User, and Third Party Interests.
You understand and acknowledge that we are entitled to collect and use your personal information without your authorization and consent under the following circumstances:
- Circumstances relating to national security, and national defense and security;
- Circumstances concerning public safety, public health, or major public interests;
- Circumstances related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial, and the execution of a court judgment;
- To safeguard the major legally protected interests concerning the life and property of the subject of the personal information, or of others, when it is difficult to obtain their consent;
- When any personal information collected is information that the subject has disclosed publicly and independently;
- The personal information collected is sourced from legally disclosed information including but not limited to, news reports, and government information disclosure;
- When such information is deemed necessary to execute the Contract according to your requirements;
- When the information is essential to maintain the security and stability of the products and/or services we provide, such as in the detection and correction of faults discovered in such products and/or services;
- When the information is required for legal news reporting;
- When the information is necessary for statistical or academic research for the benefit of the public and conducted by academic research institutions. When the results of such academic research are published, the personal information contained therein will be anonymized;
- Any other circumstances under applicable law.
When you upload or post sensitive personal information including but not limited to your race, religious beliefs, health condition, or sexual orientation via public channels when using our products or services. Please treat such sensitive personal information with care.
Your continued use of ZHIYUN products and services authorizes us to use any of the above information you provide. We will stop using and delete the above information when you cancel your account. If the law requires a longer information storage time, we will comply with such law.
The above information will be stored within the People’s Republic of China. We will conduct a safety assessment as required by applicable law if overseas data transmission is necessary.
We will place small files called cookies on your computer or mobile device to ensure the normal operation of the website. Cookies often contain identifiers, site names, numbers and characters. With the help of cookies, a website is able to store data such as your preferences or products added to your shopping cart.
(II) Cookies and Similar Technologies
Web beacons, pixel tags and other similar technologies may be used in addition to Cookies. For example, the email we send you may contain our website URL. If you click on the URL, it will be tracked and will help us to understand your preferences for products or services and improve the service provided to you. A web beacon is often a transparent image placed in a website or an email. With the help of pixel tags placed in the email, we will be able to determine whether the email has been read or not. If you do not want your activities to be tracked in this manner, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
- How we share, assign, and disclose your personal information
We will not share your personal information with any other company, organization or individual except under the following circumstances:
- To share it after obtaining your expressed consent: We will share your personal information with other parties only with your express consent.
- We may share your personal information with other parties pursuant to laws or in response to government orders.
- To share with our subsidiaries: We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries. Only necessary personal information will be shared and it is bound by the purposes provided hereby. If the subsidiary company wants to change the purpose of the processing of personal information, we will ask you again for your consent.
- To share with authorized partners: For the purpose provided in this Policy only, some of our services will be provided by our authorized partners. We may share some of your personal information with our partners with the purpose of providing you with better customer service and user experience. For example, when you purchase our products which are sold online, we have to share your personal information with the delivery company, so that they can arrange the delivery. Only with your personal information are we able to coordinate with our partners to provide such services. We will only share your personal information for lawful, reasonable, necessary, specific and definite purposes. And only the personal information needed by the service suppliers will be shared. Our partners are not entitled to use the shared personal information for any other purpose.
At present, ZHIYUN's authorized partners include our suppliers, service providers and other partners. We will send the information to our global business suppliers, service providers and other partners that support us in the fields of, including but not limited to, technical infrastructure services, transaction and communication services (including without limitation payment, logistics, SMS, and mail services), service usage analysis, advertising and service effectiveness evaluation, customer services, convenient payment methods, academic research and surveys.
We will not send your personal information to any company, organization or individual except under the following circumstances:
- To assign your information after obtaining your expressed consent; with your expressed consent, we may assign your personal information to other parties;
We will only publicly disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- After obtaining your expressed consent;
- Disclosure pursuant to laws: We may disclose your personal information pursuant to laws or responsive to government order.
- How your personal information is protected
(I) We have adopted an industry-standard security policy to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. We will take all reasonable and necessary actions to protect your personal information. For example, when the data is exchanged between the browser and the “service” (such as your credit card data), the SSL will be used for encryption and data protection. At the same time, we use HTTPS to ensure your security when you browse the ZHIYUN official website, ZHIYUN shopping mall, and the Lightollector. We will use encryption technology to ensure data confidentiality; We will use reliable protection mechanisms to prevent malicious attacks on the data; We have set up a special personal information protection department for; We will deploy access control features to ensure only an authorized person can access the personal information. And we will organize security and privacy protection training courses to enhance the employees' awareness of the importance of protecting personal information.
(II) We will take all reasonable and necessary actions to ensure that inessential personal information will not be collected. Your personal information will only be retained for a period necessary to achieve the purposes provided herein, unless the retention period needs to be extended or otherwise permitted by law.
(III) We strongly recommend that you do not send any personal information by email and instant messaging, or try and communicate with other ZHIYUN users as such communications are not encrypted and the Internet is not secure. Please use a complex password to help us ensure the security of your account.
(IV) The Internet is not 100% secure and we will try our best to ensure or guarantee the security of the information you send us. We shall assume all liability if our physical, technical, or management protection facilities are damaged, resulting in unauthorized access, breach, tampering, or damage of information, resulting in violation of your rights.
(V) If unfortunately there is a personal information security incident, we will inform you promptly pursuant to law: We will use reasonable and effective methods to issue the announcement.
Furthermore, we will also take the initiative to report the handling of user information security incidents in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Your rights
We guarantee that you are entitled to exercise the following rights on your personal information pursuant to applicable Chinese laws and standards and in compliance with the general rules of other countries and regions:
(I) Access to your personal information
You are entitled to access your personal information pursuant to law. Accessing your data is possible through the following means:
Account Information – Access or edit your personal information, payment method, password, or security information, or cancel your account by clicking the relevant link on the website or in the app. For legal, regulatory, and security reasons, some information provided in your initial registration cannot be altered.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website or app if you are unable to access your personal information.
(II) Changing Your Personal Information
In the event you find errors in your personal information, you are entitled to request corrections. We can be contacted at any time at email@example.com or using the methods provided on the website and app.
(III) Deleting Your Personal Information
You may request that your personal information be deleted under the following circumstances:
- We processed your personal information in a manner that violates applicable law;
- We collected and used your personal information without first obtaining your consent;
- We processed your personal information in a way that violates the policy agreement;
- You have chosen to cancel your account;
- You no longer have need for our products or services.
In addition, once a deletion request has been approved, we will notify and require that any other entities that acquired your personal information through our services also delete such information except where otherwise provided for by law, or unless such entities have obtained your independent authorization.
Be aware that even following the deletion of relevant data, certain applicable laws and security technologies may prevent us from immediately purging the corresponding backup information. We will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup information is cleared or anonymized.
(IV) Change Your Authorization Scope
All features require certain basic personal information to function (refer to "Part I" of the Policy agreement). You may offer or withdraw authorization to additional personal information collection at any time.
Means to withdraw authorization:
Visit the authorization page in our website or app and reset your personal information authorization status.
Following withdrawal of consent, we will no longer process the related personal information. Note, however, that your decision to withdraw consent will not affect any past personal information processing that occurred under your previous authorization.
Commercial advertisement subscriptions may be halted at any time taking the steps provided in the email or SMS.
(V) Canceling an Account that Contains a Data Subject's Personal Information
You may cancel your registered account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will delete your personal information as requested upon deletion of the account, and we will cease providing you with products or services unless otherwise required by law.
(VI) Automatic Decision Making of the Constraint-based Information System
Decisions for some functions are made using automated decision-making features, including without limitation the information system and algorithms. Should you feel these decisions significantly affect your legal rights and interests, you are entitled to request an explanation, and we will provide appropriate remedies.
(VII) Response to Your Request for Explanation
You may be asked to submit the request in writing or confirm your identity in other ways for security considerations. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request.
You also have the right to submit a complaint or report to the regulatory body governing Internet , telecommunications, public safety, and business if you are unsatisfied.
Reasonable requests will be handled at no charge, but we may charge a fee for repeated requests, or requests that exceed a reasonable limits. We may reject requests that are repeated without cause, require multiple technical approaches (such as developing new systems or radically changing existing practices), impair others' legally protected rights, or are highly impractical (such as requests that would involve data stored on backup tapes).
Pursuant to applicable law, we are unable to accept requests under the following circumstances:
- In matters directly related to national security and national defense & security;
- When public safety, public health, or major public interests are implicated;
- Circumstances directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial, and execution of a court judgment;
- We find sufficient evidence that your request is made in malice or as an abuse of power;
- Acceptance of the request may cause serious damage to the legally protected rights of either yourself or other individuals and organizations.
- A commercial trade secret is concerned.
- How minors' personal information is processed
The products, website, and services are of an adult nature. Children are not permitted to create a user account without the consent of a parent or guardian.
Following collection of a child’s personal information with parental consent, we will use or disclose such information only as expressly agreed to by the parent or guardian, to comply with applicable law, or as is deemed necessary to protect the child.
Anyone under the age of 14 shall be considered a child regardless of local laws and customs.
In the event that we find that we have collected a child’s personal information without the prior consent of their parent or guardian, we will make all reasonable efforts to delete the related data as quickly as possible.
- How your personal information is transferred internationally
As a general rule, any personal information collected or generated within PRC Jurisdiction shall also be stored within PRC Jurisdiction.
Our products or services are supported by resources and servers all over the world. As such, your personal information may be transferred to or accessed from a jurisdiction outside of the country/region where you use these products or services. We will implement safety assessments pursuant to applicable law before any data transfer.
Some jurisdictions may have different data protection laws or may lack an applicable law. When such is the case, we will ensure that your personal information is protected in a manner equal to the protection afforded within PRC Jurisdiction.
- Major Changes in our service model. Such as changes in the purposes for processing personal information, the types of personal information processed, and the ways in which personal information is used;
- Changes in the main subjects of personal information sharing, transfer or public disclosure;
- Major Changes in your rights to participate in personal information processing and the ways they are exercised;
- How to contact us
Should you feel unsatisfied with us, and in particular, if you feel our handling of your personal information has damaged your legal rights and interests, a complaint or report may be made to the regulatory body governing Internet, telecommunications, public safety, or business.